You can create a connection using the L2TP protocol manually using the following instructions:
1. Open System Preferences. Locate and click Network
2. Click the (+) button at the bottom of the connection list
- Select VPN for the interface, L2TP over IPSec for the VPN Type and fill in Service Name with a good descriptive title
- Click Create
3. Enter a host address from the VyprVPN server list into the Server Address field
- Type in your Giganews username for the Account Name field
4. Click the Authentication Settings button
- Input your Giganews Password into the Password field
- Click the Shared Secret radial button under Machine Authentication.
- For the Shared Secret enter thisisourkey
- Click OK to close the Authentication Settings window
5. Click the Advanced options button
- Check Send all traffic over VPN connection then click OK
6. Click Apply to save the settings for your new VPN configuration
7. Click Connect to connect
Your VPN configuration is now connected using the L2TP protocol!
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.