Errors 6004 & 6012 indicates there is an issue with the VyprVPN TAP Adapter and connection cannot be established with the VyprVPN network. The TAP adapter is a virtual network interface allowing your device to bridge a connection to the VPN server of your choosing within VyprVPN and is enabled or disabled depending if the user has chosen to connect or disconnect from the server.
Error 6004, in detail, signifies the TAP adapter is unavailable or not presently installed. The cause of this is due to a corrupt or incomplete installation of VyprVPN lead by missing core components and it is recommended that you reinstall the VyprVPN application with administrator privileges.
Error 6012 informs the user that there is an unspecified issue reporting the fault when communicating with the TAP adapter and cannot identify the direct cause. The troubleshooting steps provided for error 6004 are recommended for this error.
To begin troubleshooting this issue, please try changing the default TAP adapter by performing the following steps.
1. Navigate to the Customize view by clicking the 'Customize' button located at the bottom left of the VyprVPN app.
2. View the TAP Adapter options located near the bottom of the list within the Customize view and select the 'VyprVPN TAP Adapter' option by clicking.
3. Return to the Connection view and attempt to connect.
If you continue to experience issues connecting, please attempt the following troubleshooting steps.
For Windows 10 users it is recommended that you disable the Fast-Startup option by performing the following steps:
- Search for and open “Power options” in the Start Menu.
- Click "Additional power settings"
- Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
- Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
- Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is disabled.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.