Note: We offer limited support for this configuration. Our VyprVPN application for Windows includes support for all of our protocols, including OpenVPN. It is recommended that you use our application for your OpenVPN connections. You can find the download link for the VyprVPN for Windows app here.
1. Download the latest version of the OpenVPN GUI listed as "Installer, Windows 7 and later" here: https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html
2. Install the application.
3. Download the Giganews VyprVPN .opvn files here and unzip the folder.
4. Navigate to the OpenVPN install directory. By default, this will be either C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN or C:\Program Files\OpenVPN
5. Open the "Config" folder in the OpenVPN folder.
6. Move the contents of the .zip file you downloaded from our site into the "Config" folder.
7. Locate the OpenVPN software icon that should be on the desktop.
8. Right-click the icon and choose "Run as Administrator."
9. The OpenVPN GUI icon should appear in the system tray at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. Note: you may need to expand the system tray to see it.
10. Right-click the OpenVPN GUI icon. You will see the server locations listed.
11. Hover the mouse over the server location you want to connect to and click "Connect."
12. Momentarily, you will be prompted to enter your credentials. This is your Giganews username and password.
13. The software will connect. The icon in the system tray will turn green if successfully connected.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.