VyprDNS is enabled by default within our VyprVPN apps. To use alternative DNS servers, follow the instructions below for your respective platform.
VyprVPN for Windows, Mac, Android, and Android/Fire TV
- With the VyprVPN app open and your active app, tap the Customize option in the lower-left corner of the app.
- Tap DNS within the VPN Settings section.
- Tap 3rd Party DNS. Specify the Primary and Secondary DNS servers you would like to use.
- Click on Apply Changes
- Tap the back arrow in the upper left of the menu options twice to return to the main screen of the app.
VyprVPN for iOS
3rd Party DNS is not available on iOS. When connected to our VPN servers using the iOS app, you will always be using VyprDNS.
VyprVPN Router App
- Log into your router settings.
- Click Basic in the left-hand menu.
- Click Network.
- Find Static DNS and enter the Primary and Secondary DNS servers you would like to use.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Save button.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.